The DecodeVIN Extension for Zoho CRM
How can I...
A vehicle identification number (VIN) is a unique code, including a serial number, used by the automotive industry to identify individual motor vehicles, towed vehicles, motorcycles, scooters and mopeds, as defined in ISO 3833. VINs were first used in 1954. DecodeVIN extension finds the Vehicle information:
and populates them in the Leads Module Records. The Lead must have a valid VIN number. This happens automatically whenever a new lead is created.
Obtain a Decode This API Key
1) Sign up
2) Choose a Subscription Plan: API or API Basic
There is no hard cap to monthly usage there is an implicit soft cap of 30,000 decoded VINs per month for the API subscription and 15,000 for the Basic API subscription. The soft cap means that you will be alerted to the overage but the service will not immediately cease upon reaching that figure. If you require more than that number of decodes please contact us for additional support.
5) Copy the API Key in Extension Settings
Using the Extension
The details are automatically updated whenever a new Lead is created and the VIN is present.
When you wish to uninstall DecodeVIN extension, please note that all the data will be deleted on uninstalling and cannot be recovered.
To uninstall DecodeVIN extension
- Click Setting > Setup > Extensions & APIs > Marketplace.
- All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Browse for DecodeVIN and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm. All the data related to the extension will be deleted.