The ClosestContacts Extension for Zoho CRM
How Can I...
- Install ClosestContacts
- Obtain a Google Geolocation Matrix API Key
- How it Works
- Uninstall ClosestContacts
ClosestContacts extension finds three closest contacts to a Lead and populates them in lookup fields within the Lead Record. It creates new fields in Leads and Contacts Modules. The Leads must have their Address fields filled up and as a prerequisite. This extension uses the Google Geocoding API to automatically fetch the Location Coordinates of an address for Leads and Contacts and computes the distances to find the closest contacts to a lead’s address within the user defined threshold range.
You can either go to the Zoho Marketplace and install the ClosestContacts extension or log in to your Zoho CRM account and install.
To install ClosestContacts extension
- Click Settings > Setup > Extensions & APIs > Marketplace > Go to Marketplace.
All the installed extensions will be listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Click AllExtensions, browse through for ClosestContacts and click it.
- Click InstallNow.
- In the following screen, agree to the terms of service and click Install.
- Configure Settings: Add threshold distance in ft and API KEY.
Obtain a Google Maps Geocoding API Key
1) Sign in
2) Get A Key
3) Create and Enable API
4) Copy API KEY
5) Fill out the API Key in Extension Settings and Threshold Distance
Pricing and Plans
Free up to 2,500 requests per day. $0.50 USD / 1,000 additional requests, up to 100,000 daily, if billing is enabled.
How it Works
Whenever a Lead record is created, its location coordinates are populated in the lead record and a distance map is generated for the contacts in the same city using the Euclidian distance formula within the threshold distance. Then the closest 3 contacts are populated in lookup fields in the lead record.
Mass Update Function Can be Used to Populate the Contacts' Coordinates in Bulk
Contacts->Mass Update -> Select Criteria (Coordinates are empty)
Mass Update -> Select Contact Records -> Select 'Force Find Coordinates of Existing Contacts' Field -> Check the box -> Save
When you wish to uninstall ClosestContacts extension, please note that all the data will be deleted on uninstalling and cannot be recovered.
To uninstall ClosestContacts extension
- Click Setting > Setup > Extensions & APIs > Marketplace.
- All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Browse for ClosestContacts and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm. All the data related to the extension will be deleted.